Identity Theft Program
Prevention to Prosecution Solution™
Identity theft is the fastest growing financial crime
in America, striking thousands of victims each year. In a matter of seconds,
personal information such as a social security number, a credit card number
or an address can be stolen and used to obtain a new mortgage, line of
credit or additional credit cards. More recently, Keyloggers are quickly
becoming the most prevalent tool used by identity thieves. These self
propagating viruses steal your keystrokes and the information contained
as you navigate the internet.
Our unique identity theft program is the only one in the country that
provides a tool that helps proactively prevent identity theft. Although nothing can
completely prevent identity theft, our Keylogging Defense System™
will allow our members and their families to conduct safe internet commerce.
Members can bank, shop, E-mail and provide sensitive information over
the internet without the threat of keylogging viruses stealing their information.
Our unique identity theft program provides members with a true Prevention
to Prosecution Solution™.
Contact us if you’d
like to customize a plan to meet your client’s needs.
Product Benefits and Features
Not all identity theft is computer related; as such our program provides
our members with a complete restoration solution. Our highly skilled Recovery
Team will manage the process from beginning to end. The team includes
paralegals, fraud investigators, identity theft experts, and legal counsel.
The following services are provided to all members:
Keylogging Defense System™
Keylogging is far and away the number one identity theft threat to you
and your business. Spyware, phishing, computer viruses, cookies, lost
laptops, data breaches and lost wallets are generally what the average
person thinks of when envisioning the risk of identity theft.
Unfortunately, Keylogging is a far more insidious and prevalent threat!
It is a powerful breed of self propagating software that can copy a user’s
keystrokes. That’s right! A keylogger records every keystroke you
make to a log file and then forwards that file on to an identity thief.
Our unique, patent pending, Keylogging Defense System™ provides
a solution that enables users to mitigate the keylogging threat and prevent
the information leakage to current as well as future keyloggers.
How Does It Work?
Our program beats the keyloggers at their own game by encrypting every
keystroke at the keyboard level and then reroutes those encrypted keystrokes
directly to your browser. Our Keylogging Defense System bypasses the multiple
communication areas that are normally vulnerable to keylogging attacks
that could com-promise your vital information.
With our defense system, you can now email, access critical business
applications, browse, shop and bank with confidence knowing that each
and every keystroke is encrypted and not being transmitted to an awaiting
Identity Thief. Our Keylogging Defense System basically renders any and
all keyloggers useless.
Keylogging Defense System Key Features
- Protects against new and existing keyloggers
- Encrypts keystrokes between the keyboard and the browser
- Encrypted keystrokes are sent via a separate path that is invisible
- Monitors system so that it cannot be subverted
- Does not require any spyware database updates
- Uses a CryptoColor alert system
Identity Monitoring searches and monitors for past history as well as real time identity frauds or threats. This service includes:
- Secure, hassle-free identity monitoring
- Actionable identity alerts
Our Identity Monitoring does much more than monitor credit, offering a solution as robust as the ones used by the nation’s leading financial institutions to prevent theft. Identity Monitoring uses innovative technology to detect misuse or even an elevated likelihood for misuse of an individual’s Social Security number, name, address, phone, and date of birth. By creating a SNAPD identity blueprint, this program monitors billions of data on a daily basis from sources such as:
- New Credit Cards
- Wireless Carrier Applications
- Retail Credit Card Accounts
- Automobile Loans
- Mortgage Loans
- Payday Loans
- Checking Accounts and Check Reorders
- Utility Accounts
- DMV Records
- Government Databases
- Real Estate Records
- Court Records
- Criminal Records
- Social Security Records
* Identity Monitoring coverage is limited only to the member.
As identity fraud usually precedes identity theft, this type of proactive system is critical to mitigating the extensive and expensive damage perpetrated after an identity is stolen and manipulated.
Identity Theft Insurance**
Each member will also receive up to $25,000 worth of insurance coverage*.
Identity theft insurance is underwritten by a nationally recognized Insurance
Carrier with an “A” or better AM Best Rating. This coverage
will help members offset some of the cost of restoring their identity
to its original status, including:
- Lost wages: $500.00 per week, for 4 weeks maximum
- Re-filing of loans
- Defense cost for certain civil and criminal lawsuits:
Reasonable and necessary fees incurred in the United States by the insured
with carrier’s consent for an attorney appointed by them for:
a) Defending any civil or criminal suit brought against the insured
by a creditor, collection agency or other entity acting on behalf of
a creditor for non-payment of goods or services, or default on a loan
solely as a result of a stolen identity incident.
b) Removing any civil or criminal judgment wrongfully entered against
the insured solely as a result of a stolen identity incident.
- Reimbursement of fees: Reasonable and necessary
costs incurred in the United States by the insured for.
a) Re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments
that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity event.
b) Notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance telephone
calls and postage solely as a result of the insured’s efforts
to report a stolen identity as and/or amend or rectify records as to
the insured’s true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity
c) Up to six credit reports from established credit bureaus (with no
more than two reports from any one credit bureau) dated within 12 months
after the insured’s discovery of a stolen identity incident.
**The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy described. Please refer to the actual policy for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions. Insurance coverage is limited only to the member.
Identity Theft Restoration
Upon notification of an identity theft incident, Privacy Advocates will act on behalf of our members as a dedicated case manager to:
- Investigate and confirm the fraudulent activity, including known, unknown and potentially complicated additional sources of identity theft.
- Complete and mail customized, pre-populated, state specific "Fraud Packet" via certified mail with pre-paid return instructions.
- Place phone calls, send electronic notifications, and prepare appropriate documentation on the memberís behalf, including dispute letters for defensible complaints to any and all appropriate state agencies and financial institutions.
- Issue fraud alerts and victim statements when necessary, with the three consumer credit reporting agencies, the FTC, SSA, and U.S. Postal Service.
- Submit Special Limited Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors for card cancellation and new card issuance.
- Contact, follow up and escalate issues with affected agencies, creditors, financial institutions, to reinforce member’s rights.
- Assist the member in notifying local law enforcement authorities to file the appropriate official reports.
- Utilize real time access to public records reports including DMV, criminal, address changes, liens, and judgments for further investigation where applicable.
- Provide peace of mind and resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible.
- Provide members with a "Case Completion Kit" including copies of documentation, correspondence, forms and letters for their personal records.
Lost or Stolen Credit Card Assistance / Document Recovery Services
Privacy Advocates will assist members in the event their credit cards are misplaced or stolen.
Privacy Advocates will:
- Consult with member to determine the severity of the event
- Obtain credit reports from each of the three major credit
- Contact each credit card company or other financial institution with the member via teleconference.
- Cancel members affected credit cards
- Request new replacement cards
- Place fraud alerts with all three major credit bureaus
- Assist members with interpreting their credit reports
- Provide daily ID monitoring for six months to help proactively prevent any additional identity fraud
- Provide credit dispute assistance
- Assist with additional lost items including driver’s license, library, and other membership cards.
Unlimited Legal Care at Discounted Rates
As an Identity theft victim, you will have access to a proprietary attorney
network that will represent you at the low hourly rate of $125.00, or
40% off their usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater, for all
legal care related to the theft of your identity.
Members may use our program to prosecute identity thieves. This is the
only Identity Theft Program in the country that provides unlimited discounted
legal care, enabling members to both defend themselves against a theft,
and prosecute thieves.
With a nationwide network of plan attorneys, Legal Club is the sole identity
theft vendor that can offer members this important plan enhancement.
Member, their spouse, significant other, domestic partner, any children
between the age of 18 and 25, and any dependents who are living with and
are dependent upon the member such as a parent or grandparent are eligible.
All groups or individuals interested in working with Legal Care Direct
as a distributor, wholesaler or purchaser of large quantities of our programs
should contact Legal Care Direct™. A list of contacts can be found
by clicking HERE.